Saturday, February 25, 2017

Spray Painted Antique High Chair

The Thrift Shop High Chair

Scored this relic for a couple bucks a while back and always wanted to paint it.
After painting the kitchen a dark turquoise, I figured some bright red would give this chair a needed boost.
(ha-ha)


I wiped down the chair and took it outside to spray paint. I didn't sand or prime it.


Bought 2 cans of Rust-Oleum in Poppy Red in Satin and painted the underside first.


Flipped Chair right side up and 2 cans of paint later I got this...


I sprayed 2 coats around the chair at all angles to be sure and get all the little detailed nooks.  


It pops!
Baby Shane likes it, and that's all that matters to me!


Lets take a look at that before and after side by side...


Dang!  What a super fun and easy project!

No comments:

Post a Comment